What I do…
If you are interested in a complimentary coaching/counseling session, please contact me at [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you!
What is coaching?
The ICF defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.
Coaching honors the client as the expert in his/her life and work and believes that every client is creative, resourceful, and whole.
What is a coach’s responsibility in the client-coach partnership?
A coach should:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve;
- Encourage client self-discovery;
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies; and
- Hold the client responsible and accountable.
Professional coaches provide an ongoing partnership designed to help clients produce fulfilling results in their personal and professional lives. Ultimately, coaches help people improve their performances and enhance the quality of their lives.
Coaches are trained to listen, to observe and to customize their approach to individual client needs. They seek to elicit solutions and strategies from the client; they believe the client is naturally creative and resourceful. The coach’s job is to provide support to enhance the skills, resources, and creativity that the client already has.
What is Counselling?
Counselling is the skilled and principled use of relationship to facilitate self- knowledge, emotional acceptance and growth and the optimal development of personal resources. The overall aim is to provide an opportunity to work towards living more satisfyingly and resourcefully. Counselling relationships will vary according to need but may be concerned with developmental issues, addressing and resolving specific problems, making decisions, coping with crisis, developing personal insights and knowledge, working through feelings of inner conflict or improving relationships with others.
The counsellor’s role is to facilitate the clients work in ways that respect the client’s values, personal resources and capacity for self-determination.
Some additional information about counselling:
- The first session will focus on hearing your story.
- Sessions run thirty (30) minutes in length.
- Duration and frequency of service depends on the client and his/her concerns, to a maximum of three (3) months, or twelve (12) sessions.
- Interventions will reflect my status as a student in the MA Counselling program at Providence Seminary.
- The fee for service is $40.00 per session.
If unable to attend a scheduled session, please contact me at least 24 hours in advance. My office can be reached at 204.298.0188 or by email at [email protected]